-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

4 posters

New Thing Mechanics! :D

Cyrax
    Cadet

Forum Points (FP) : 5
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

New Thing Mechanics! :D Empty New Thing Mechanics! :D

Post by Cyrax Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 am

Ok so noticing the game indication that this game is based of John Carpenter's THE THING!
    I studied on the Thing movie very much and came with these ideas to add to gameplay:

1- Thing should no longer become a little tanker, like in the movie its health should be 2/3 of what it is now and attack damage reduced... lying and deception is the deal of the game... sometimes i feel like cat and mouse near the end of game bringing down doors to take down the mouse?.

2- Give the thing a skill (like the zerg infestor neural parasite skill) that is short range that you need to be upclose and personal with victim also you need to transform before being able to cast it, once casted the victim and thing will both freeze for about 10-12 seconds making thing vulnerable by doing so, this forces him to really be alone with someone to infect just like in the movie, theres no stopping the infesting process but if thing cancels it or kill thing.

Pros:
    -Marines will no longer be able to just be with anyone and if turns into thing, STIM AND LOCK DOOR, the transformation process is the only time you got to run like hell or become a thing.
    -No more chasing that last annoying marine that keeps running from you and locking door even though you have hit him to red about 100 times
    -A more realistic feel to the thing from the movie
    -Thing will really have to put effort in separating players, not just turn into it with a group of 3 and kill them all

3- now after infecting Turn that marine into a mini thing, still hidable in a marine skin, but can morph into something like a infested terran, not stronger than marine but faster than a walking rine in thing mode, he wont be able to infect but will work for the main infecting thing who will be required for any other infesting.

pros:
    -Will make it more scary when you see a group of 2 or three marines coming... no more of that "oh he was with me and didnt kill so he must not be thing"
    -Would go really well with type of implemented test to find out who is thing.
    - thing would have a hard time at first to get someone , but as more infesting goes on it will be much easier...
    - your with a group of 3 marines... how safe are you?
    - Players got by thing stay longer to play = More play time, without having half the players watching from the death chat
    - last but not least, in movie the things will was survival no matter what, not kill everyone.

4- also make huge blood stains appear and be permanent when thing infects or kills anyone, it would make it more like the thing movie, and would give more clues of how many infected are there.

Now everyone keeps complaining about tk and the only simple and effective ideas i could come up with were:

cut their life in half for every player they kill that is permanent for that match, so they cant outgun another victim, also remove some marine points from their stats and after getting like -1000 or so points , they would get kicked automatically from game everytime they tried to join, but if they try to redeem their ways killing thing or a infected would give them points enough to compensate 1 fail kill. or one win game give them a enough point boost to not punish em if the player was really trying and wasnt just tking
    this will make you think before you kill someone, and really use that brain...which a lot of players seem to stop doing.

this was the only way i saw for individuals tkers to stop this madness.

this are my thoughts on how to improve this awesome game... tell me what you think, please let me know!
    but please smart arguments only. Very Happy

willuwontu
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4

New Thing Mechanics! :D Empty Re: New Thing Mechanics! :D

Post by willuwontu Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am

in the movie the blood went away
    Cyrax
    Cadet

Post by Cyrax Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:27 am

willuwontu wrote:in the movie the blood went away

thats cause someone washed it and that was from new movie.... not john carpenters
    Iced

Post by Iced Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:53 am

I strongly disagree with your Life halving and point removing solution to TKing, especially when you want to introduce thing compaions, its only going to increase the amount of TKing. You need to accept that team killing is part of the game, whether people do it out of paranoia or because theyre an ass, its going to happen, and you cant possibly expect to have such heavy consequences if you want to buff the thing so badly. I still believe that any marine who kills another marine should recieve a small damage reduction effect (stackable) for a variety of reasons i outlined in another post
    willuwontu
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4

Post by willuwontu Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 am

i agree with maxime about that. A marine who kills another should recieve a damage reduction towards marines that stacks. taking away their life just helps the thing.
    Cyrax
    Cadet

Post by Cyrax Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 am

Iced wrote:I strongly disagree with your Life halving and point removing solution to TKing, especially when you want to introduce thing compaions, its only going to increase the amount of TKing. You need to accept that team killing is part of the game, whether people do it out of paranoia or because theyre an ass, its going to happen, and you cant possibly expect to have such heavy consequences if you want to buff the thing so badly. I still believe that any marine who kills another marine should recieve a small damage reduction effect (stackable) for a variety of reasons i outlined in another post

hmm i guess your small damage reduction effect makes sense... as long as something is done about em I was only suggesting my idea Smile
    Simsmode
    Simsmode
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 25

Post by Simsmode Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I agree with bloodstains and feel clues should be a big focus in this game. There should be more ways to investigate with more clues... so that a higher level of play can be involved.
    Bunnyrabbit:)
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Forum Points (FP) : 142

Post by Bunnyrabbit:) Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 am

i agree with 1 and 2 but your suggestions for half life for every kill....bad..instead it should be half damaged (and only against marines NOT the thing)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:14 pm