-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

5 posters

vicboy

Bunnyrabbit:)
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Forum Points (FP) : 142
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

vicboy Empty vicboy

Post by Bunnyrabbit:) Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 am

vicboy, can I have an estimate of when the rescue ship and other things will be added?
    Maxime
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 39

vicboy Empty Re: vicboy

Post by Maxime Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 am

Sight, don't you guys realize vicboy is doing this on his personal time? I mean, i don't know about you guys but with my job, wife and kids, if I were vicboy, i could not give you any estimate. I don't know what kind of life vicboy have but i know one thing for sure, the thing game is not his number 1 priority in life. Just be patient.
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222

Post by EternalToss Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 am

Lol someone understands what it's like being a creator. I've haven't created any games myself, but i'm a admin for a couple so i know what it takes to work on it. For anyone that doesn't know although some things seem really simple while in-game it's huge pain to implement anything at all and can take hours just to get something minor working properly. The sc2 editor is very limited in its dimensions causing most creators with complex games to have to think of creative ways to get around it usually involving weird triggers to do so. Then they have to create them all and get it working is another problem.
    Vicboy
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 792
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Post by Vicboy Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 am

EternalToss, the editor is a very flexible machinery! I just haven't prioritized this game as much because the updates, which I wanted to release in one go, were pretty daunting. Daunting, coupled with the fact that I go home tired from college everyday, had made me, shameful to say, lazy.

As for my attachment with the game, I'm pretty proud that I've finally struck gold (caused by a number of unlikely events). The experience of creating a game, and resulting with hundreds complimenting me everyday, is one I will never forget. I haven't abandoned this game and I'm confident that the approximate date for the next update will be within this day. (Lol, I have 5 hours to spend)

But anyway, I hope you're not too hyped up with the update, it's not a product of working 24/7 with thousands of great ideas. It's a product of just taking a break and taking it slow and easy, so again, I hope you're not too hyped with the update.

PS: Since I'm publishing the next update within hours, can anyone help me get games running up? My game is dead, I'm serious this time.
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222

Post by EternalToss Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 am

Lol maybe with what you're doing, the other people ive talked to says that it is a pain because of problems with doing what they want and having it work on sc2. Ill see about getting some games going, but are you going to be using my map?
    willuwontu
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4

Post by willuwontu Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:59 am

So I just got on. NO update Sad but yeah sorry bout the dead lobbies, prob cause i haven't been on very much lately, partly due to college , and partly due to trying to make my own version of your map. It causes me to appreciate much of what you've done. Those opt-in triggers are a pain in the ass. interestingly on another note. if you want to see my mods for the thing skin and marine skins i suggested, i finished both of them, just pm me and i'll send them to you. I hope to see the update soon, i'm back to working on my map for now, stupid triggers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:19 pm