-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

3 posters

Is there a problem with darkness?

Vicboy
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 792
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Is there a problem with darkness? Empty Is there a problem with darkness?

Post by Vicboy Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Just wondering your opinions on the fog of war tweak I've made.
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

Is there a problem with darkness? Empty Re: Is there a problem with darkness?

Post by EternalToss Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Last time i played there was inless you changed it.
    Its annoying because you can't see the map and have no clue what your surroundings are. Even if you know everymap inless u find a very disticnt area you might not be able to tell right away. This also hurts new players more because they have no clue what kind of map theyre dealing with personally i liked how it was before, but if you insist of keeping the fog make it so that once u go over a area it stays uncovered by fog.

Id also like to bring up the whole vote kick thing and just how it works. To sum it up quickly its terrible. Its not that hard to rack up a lot of points and its way harder to bring the number down its good in the thought of it but its actually terrible once someone has over 199 points they just get vote kicked instantly. I would just remove it for now until you really make it fair. My suggestion is make it so that its way easier to lose points and harder/slower to gain so many. Or just have it reset every game thats the fairest way to do it, your game will always have tking get over it, it is the only way to get the game moving at some points in time also make it so no one can get kicked in the first 5 minutes of the game so if they do tk it wont count because the first 5 minutes is always bloody just to get items then later is when people really start trying to just tk people for the fun of it and the others who just shoot one person try to win.
    Vicboy
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 792
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Post by Vicboy Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm

May I remind you that this system has prevented a party of tkers from continuing their killing spree in the next game?
    willuwontu
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4

Post by willuwontu Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 am

1. the fog is nice, make it mask talking though,
    2. take the fog off the minimap, it is really annying having no idea where i am, and when i have the open map open i can't right click where i want to go.
    3. Vic the points are nice, but what toss says is true it is really easy to rack up a huge amount of points and is a pain to lose them, even for me who hardly ever tks it is annoying, also can you list how many points you get for killing, i had 0 or close to 0 points one game and then i killed 3 people and the next game i had like 160 points, this causes people to be more cautious with their kills yes, but also allows the thing to tk in rine form without worries, if you want to make it more balanced, make it so we get back 20 points per completed game, and the thing to get points for rine form kills.
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

Post by EternalToss Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 am

also couldnt you tell who the thing is if you see someone kill several people and no vote kick appears?
    willuwontu
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4

Post by willuwontu Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:00 am

vote kick only appears at beginning of game
    Xenocide

Is there a problem with darkness? Empty Bring it back

Post by Xenocide Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:08 am

I think the best update you ever did to this game was the black fog of war. Please bring it back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:04 pm