-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

4 posters

Throwing when entering EVAC

Probe
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24

Throwing when entering EVAC Empty Throwing when entering EVAC

Post by Probe Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Gamebreaking bug that has existed for a while but it ruining a lot of games. 

If the Thing throws a marine while they are standing on the EVAC hatch, entering EVAC, the marine's vision will swap to the EVAC but the marine does not enter. A variety of things can happen from there. The marine can live through it even though they can't see themselves, the game can just break and never end or the evac will eventually decide the winner. 

Ways to fix:

Make it so marine's entering EVAC cannot be thrown. (Preferred because then 1v1 marine stands a chance. Otherwise Thing can just camp entrance and throw you away whenever you try to enter. Fucking annoying)
    Make it so if you are thrown, entering EVAC is cancelled. 

EDIT: Clarification: When the marine's vision swaps to EVAC and they don't enter, they can't change their vision. They are stuck looking at EVAC even though they aren't in it.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Forum Points (FP) : 330
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

Throwing when entering EVAC Empty sup

Post by Shadow Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:03 pm

Usually When That Happens It Change Ur Screen To Evac And U Take Damage And die...
    Or it once happened to me I was standing under hatch waiting to be teleported and then thing popped up from burrow and I tried to run away but i was stuck standing there. ...:*(

# Welp a noob
    Proteo
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Throwing when entering EVAC Empty Re: Throwing when entering EVAC

Post by Proteo Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Probe wrote:Gamebreaking bug that has existed for a while but it ruining a lot of games. 

If the Thing throws a marine while they are standing on the EVAC hatch, entering EVAC, the marine's vision will swap to the EVAC but the marine does not enter. A variety of things can happen from there. The marine can live through it even though they can't see themselves, the game can just break and never end or the evac will eventually decide the winner. 

Ways to fix:

Make it so marine's entering EVAC cannot be thrown. (Preferred because then 1v1 marine stands a chance. Otherwise Thing can just camp entrance and throw you away whenever you try to enter. Fucking annoying)
    Make it so if you are thrown, entering EVAC is cancelled. 

EDIT: Clarification: When the marine's vision swaps to EVAC and they don't enter, they can't change their vision. They are stuck looking at EVAC even though they aren't in it.

I go with option 2. Cause it's even more annoying to get 1v1 by a marine who, all they did was run around ragnov or another map.

Really, the evac should only provide an advantage for an end game group of marines who are looking to force an ending. Not a lone marine who may or may not be able to hide behind some vents. Or throw a well timed grenade to kill the thing as he enters evac. It's going to be fucking annoying for once side, but it is more balanced to allow the thing to throw because it has a limited amount of uses and a cooldown, rather than just turning it off because a marine was able to stim to the evac.
    Datasick
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

Forum Points (FP) : 977
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12

Post by Datasick Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:03 am

I do agree, its kinda bull
    Reefer

Post by Reefer Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:21 pm

When a noob throws to early =3

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=26b_1423871215
    Probe
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24

Post by Probe Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:55 pm

I'd actually agree with Proteo.

My only concern is that it essentially means that whenever there is one marine left he loses the game even though he survived through everything and he dies simply because his teammates died. There's zero way to win when EVAC comes and there's one marine left.
    Reefer

Post by Reefer Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:37 am

This glitch has been reported before and fixed.

it looks like someone derped up the game again. #bettergetwillu
    Proteo
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Post by Proteo Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 am

Probe wrote:I'd actually agree with Proteo.

My only concern is that it essentially means that whenever there is one marine left he loses the game even though he survived through everything and he dies simply because his teammates died. There's zero way to win when EVAC comes and there's one marine left.

Yeah. But there's only a handful of marines able to Solo the Thing.
    I mean, if a marine really want's to get on that evac and he is the last one, wait until there's like 2 seconds left, stim, and make it to the loading. Thing won't have time to kill you, and even if he throws you, you should be able to win because the thing didn't kill you in time and he didn't make it to the Evac.

I'll usually enter Evac at the 5-7 second mark, just to be safe. I'm sure most thing players would too.
    But yeah, usually if the only one who is alive is a higher ranked Marine, his job is usually to rally the marines and make it fetching hard to lose them. Kind of like Yoall, master of mindfucks. Followed closely by Panda

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:17 pm