-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

3 posters

What If The Thing Had AOE Damage?

LostHope
    LostHope
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Forum Points (FP) : 239
    Forum Rating (FR) : 2

What If The Thing Had AOE Damage? Empty What If The Thing Had AOE Damage?

Post by LostHope Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:42 am

You know those marine balls fucking the comms tower/related buildings? It makes me wonder what would happen to them if the Thing had some sort of AOE ability or its basic attacks dealing some sort of splash. It could help with breaking up marine camps and stuff.

Whaddya think this would do to the game? Just curious.
    Probe
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24

What If The Thing Had AOE Damage? Empty Re: What If The Thing Had AOE Damage?

Post by Probe Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:14 am

LostHope wrote:You know those marine balls fucking the comms tower/related buildings? It makes me wonder what would happen to them if the Thing had some sort of AOE ability or its basic attacks dealing some sort of splash. It could help with breaking up marine camps and stuff.

Meh. Instead of adding combat abilities, which adds incentive go into Thing form, I would rather focus on the marine aspect of the Thing and improving its ability to deceive.
    LostHope
    LostHope
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Forum Points (FP) : 239
    Forum Rating (FR) : 2

Post by LostHope Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:52 am

Probe wrote:
    LostHope wrote:You know those marine balls fucking the comms tower/related buildings? It makes me wonder what would happen to them if the Thing had some sort of AOE ability or its basic attacks dealing some sort of splash. It could help with breaking up marine camps and stuff.

Meh. Instead of adding combat abilities, which adds incentive go into Thing form, I would rather focus on the marine aspect of the Thing and improving its ability to deceive.
    Kinda difficult to do at the current state of the game. Once they get the ball up, they become elephant and start to remember every single person encountered, how long they left the group, and the exact time they died. If they don't know, they'll just kill you immediately. It's evil.

And if ya don't mind, can you share your ideas on improving the Thing's ability to be deceptive? I lack creativity and that makes it difficult for me to think of any possible ideas :l
    Phantom01
    Phantom01
    Corporal
    Corporal

Forum Points (FP) : 133
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4

Post by Phantom01 Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:06 am

Probe wrote:

I fail to understand why both can't be done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:54 pm