-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

3 posters

The current state of The Thing Revival

Rachyl
    Rachyl
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Forum Points (FP) : 260
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

The current state of The Thing Revival Empty The current state of The Thing Revival

Post by Rachyl Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Rachyl here, thought id post since its been awhile....anyways, im always down to play some Thing. some players are wondering why there are hardly any lobbies anymore, there are some at night, but we seem to be lacking other players to play with. Also The Things grapple hook is retarded(please remove it asap) its hard enough that there are a bunch of new players who barely know what theyre doing. And for this reason it needs to be removed. Also, when i mess with the minimap on the left hand side of the screen, i get a fatal error has occurred message and i lag out. So if anyone knows why thats happening, please advise. thanks
    Durzan
    Durzan
    Corporal
    Corporal

Forum Points (FP) : 182

The current state of The Thing Revival Empty Re: The current state of The Thing Revival

Post by Durzan Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Durzan here as well, hoping to get the forum back up and active again... Rach is pretty much right. I have been able to get a few full house lobbies, but they are few and far between, like only one day every couple of weeks at best. We can easily get the community going again if enough experienced players are willing to take the newbies under their wings and if regular updates start happening again.

I encourage everyone to start posting again. Lets get this website (And the game!) back in the spotlight!

Maybe advertising the game, the website, and the official SC2 thing channel would be enough to start perking interest in the community again.
    TheSpiderman
    TheSpiderman
    Cadet

Forum Points (FP) : 7

The current state of The Thing Revival Empty Re: The current state of The Thing Revival

Post by TheSpiderman Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:56 am

I recently got back into playing it again, but i'm lucky to host a lobby that reaches 7 people, and then even luckier if a game lasts more than 3 minutes. Wouldn't be a bad idea to create a new group of active players, just so we know if there is someone online actually willing to play, and with some experience to make the games more interesting and challenging.
    Durzan
    Durzan
    Corporal
    Corporal

Forum Points (FP) : 182

Post by Durzan Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:18 am

no probs, I can get that set up when I get back from the UK.
    TheSpiderman
    TheSpiderman
    Cadet

Forum Points (FP) : 7

Post by TheSpiderman Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Awesome, and anybody who wants to play a game, add me on battlenet and shoot me a message.
    SenpaiKush #11119

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:11 pm