-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

4 posters

My suggestion: Power switch

TT2000

My suggestion: Power switch Empty My suggestion: Power switch

Post by TT2000 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 am

POWER SWITCHES:

Here is my main suggestion: Add a room where there would be a lot of machinery, and some control props that could not be used for anything. However, there would be one large switch that would turn off all lights in the station(when used, could be used by anyone/thing). Here are a few things it could do:

1: Do nothing except make the place scarier and put the marines on their toes.

2: Reduce visibility for marines(and maybe increase visibility for the thing? But that wouldn't make much sense...).

3: Reduce visibility and make the thing slightly more powerful.

Any one of these is good. There is a bit more to the power switch than that though: It also can be destroyed. It has a fair amount of HP, and can be fired on like anything else. When destroyed, the station would be stuck in whatever setting the light switch was at when it was destroyed. If this was implemented, the thing would want to get there first to permanently plunge the station into darkness, and the marines would want to get there first to prevent the thing from doing just that. However, you probably noticed this introduces a problem: If the power station is at a set location, then whoever spawned closest to it would get to pick whether the lights stayed on or off, and it would become a game of luck. I can see one option to fix this: Make it so the power station spawns in a random area picked out of a "set" of areas it can possibly spawn. But this could also not fix the problem if the minimap blackness is removed(I personally don't like it that much). The way to fix this: Make several "blank" areas on the map with only "wall" that could possibly contain the power station, and the room would look like just "wall" on the minimap until you saw the door leading inside the power station.
    Now, I realize this would be hard to add to the current stations. It is probably best to create a new station with this gimmick in mind. Also, what I have discussed is most definitely not the limits of this idea, there is plenty of variation that could be added("shadows" that would appear when the lights were off that would make those who hid in them extremely hard to see, different power stations that controlled different areas of the station, etc.), but these are the basics of the idea, and they are all that is truly needed.

Thank you for reading and considering my suggestion. I am open to responses/constructive criticism/ideas.
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

My suggestion: Power switch Empty Re: My suggestion: Power switch

Post by EternalToss Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:47 am

were on a new forum please use it
    http://thethingamongst.us
    Durzan
    Durzan
    Corporal
    Corporal

Forum Points (FP) : 182
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

Post by Durzan Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:53 am

+1

Like this idea.
    Probe
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24

Post by Probe Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:59 am

Lolol. This idea from 3 years ago? kappa

This idea is already in the game in the form of the Power Generator. Once destroyed, everyone has less vision, cannot use the map, and black fog is used. This action can be reversed by repairing it.
    Vicboy
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 792
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Post by Vicboy Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:01 am

God. Fusion Reactor was the outcome of this suggestion. Can we stop rezzing threads?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 pm