-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

The best map is...

Poll

The best map is...

[ 2 ]
    The best map is... Bar_left7%The best map is... Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 10 ]
    The best map is... Bar_left33%The best map is... Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The best map is... Bar_left20%The best map is... Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 9 ]
    The best map is... Bar_left30%The best map is... Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The best map is... Bar_left10%The best map is... Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 30
    Vicboy
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 792
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

The best map is... Empty The best map is...

Post by Vicboy

poll
    Share this post on: reddit

ReeferFist

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:17 am by ReeferFist

Poll is also my favorite map
    Probe

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 am by Probe

This is actually ridiculous. The only way Sahara is being voted is because they win easily as marines, I swear. 

Ragnov is fair game.

But Liberty?

Liberty is the correct choice. If you look at Liberty from birds eye view, with the whole map in view from one angle, its obvious to you that Liberty is the best designed. Every avenue in Liberty is explored, every part of the map used.

Aquilon has half the map unusable due to snow. Sahara has huge unusable regions because of its storms and because it has so many dead ends for the Thing. Ragnov has rooms that noone uses because they offer nothing for the marines or the Thing, and Baguio has areas that are untouchable for the Thing if marines camp considering how claustrophobic it is. The only map that uses everything at some point or another is Liberty, with a VERY small exception of the bottom left above the mountain. The designated paths are perfect on Liberty.

Perfect.

Not only that, but you have vision blockers which promote deception. The map FAVOURS deception over running around as the Thing. Its mind-blowing. 

Liberty best map 2015. Period.
    ReeferFist

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 am by ReeferFist

what a prissy little bitch.

aquillion is great because you don't spend half the game looking for people.

if we had 4 dull but well rounded levels there would be no diversity and the game would become boring, isn't that obvious to you?
    LostHope

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:48 pm by LostHope

Sahara.

There's just something about a desert, a couple marines, and a alien monster. While it needs more work and whatnot, I really like it. It's just an interesting map if you ask me.

Last edited by LostHope on Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Datasick

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 am by Datasick

Everything except Aquilon, but that's just me.
    Probe

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:56 am by Probe

Datasick wrote:Everything except Aquilon, but that's just me.
    Essentially. I may have convinced Willu to rework Aquilon partially though so hopefully things have potential to be a bit better.
    Datasick

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:04 am by Datasick

Probe wrote:
    Datasick wrote:Everything except Aquilon, but that's just me.
    Essentially. I may have convinced Willu to rework Aquilon partially though so hopefully things have potential to be a bit better.

If thing players just used it for deceptive I would not have a problem with it.

Post Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:14 pm by Reefer

Aquillion is the one level that stays true to the movie. please don't hurt it to bad =[
    Probe

Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 am by Probe

Reefer wrote:Aquillion is the one level that stays true to the movie. please don't hurt it to bad =[
    I don't want to get rid of the way it plays. What I want to get rid of is the pointlessness of the bottom left and potentially very top left of the map. You can't do anything there so we'll see.
    Proteo

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:32 pm by Proteo

aquilon
    Proteo

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:12 am by Proteo

OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE
    ReeferFist

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 am by ReeferFist

tehe
    Perplexate

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:31 am by Perplexate

What fucking troll would vote Aquilon.

Buncha MOFO's
    Proteo

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:41 am by Proteo

Perplexate wrote:What fucking troll would vote Aquilon.

Buncha MOFO's
    ...me and reefer
    Perplexate

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:37 am by Perplexate

Proteo wrote:
    Perplexate wrote:What fucking troll would vote Aquilon.

Buncha MOFO's
    ...me and reefer

...So I was right, buncha MOFO's.
    terryterry

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:36 am by terryterry

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I miss Badinkga. Sure it was huge, but the outer perimeter was removed or tweaked or something, it would be much smaller and manageable. Personally, I don't like Sahara because of the slow-down outside, but hey. Not going to complain since Vicboy took a ton of time and effort to create that new map. However, I won't be voting for it anytime soon...unless it somehow grows on me like Bazinga did (BBT reference there haaaaaaaaa).
    CyrusChaos

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:09 am by CyrusChaos

For once, im agreeing with the crying nerd terry, the original map was the map ive grown into. Other than that, aquillion Wink
    terryterry

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:29 am by terryterry

Crying nerd? HAHAHA. Where did THAT come from? Coming from the guy who complains about EVERY thing. 99% of your posts are whining. But it's cool. Fuels this site. ;-)
    Raptor Jesus

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:05 pm by Raptor Jesus

Why cant I post on the lava map thread? I think a Lava map is a good idea.
    Probe

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:43 pm by Probe

Raptor Jesus wrote:Why cant I post on the lava map thread? I think a Lava map is a good idea.
    Now that I've got permission to screw around with the maps, I can definitely see a lava map taking place in the future. Wouldn't be too too hard really, we could always swap out terrain without an issue. The only issue is the limitations of the textures.

In the event that a Lava Map was to happen, It would either be a really weird sand-lava hybrid map, would use oddly constructed textures and lots of hard work to pull it off correctly, or it would replace Liberty or Sahara. Sorry, that's just how it is. Maps like Aquilon and Baguio can't be replaced (Unless we go for the super hard texture work option). Following that same principle Ragnov wouldn't be useful to replace.

EDIT: I feel like I'm forgetting something, but it just occurred to me that Sahara is the only map using the Mar Sara Sand Texture, meaning it could potentially be replaced with another map. I'll put Sahara with Liberty above.
    Raptor Jesus

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:37 am by Raptor Jesus

I like the Terran campaign lava level with the rising lava tide and the mountain terrain/textures. it would be really cool if we had a hot red laval level on the outside and lab-white science theme buildings to explore.there should be a bunker/ invisible beacon relay that transports you underground into the sciance labs. similar to the evac departure- but instead of a ship there would would be a sub levels/buildings you could inter and exit to and from.
    FoolOfATook

Post Tue May 26, 2015 10:42 am by FoolOfATook

Ragnov. Derelict space stations, that are actually in space, and aliens? No contest.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:21 am