-The Thing- [Revival]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» Games will be running through September/December
by Rachyl Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

» Speak out
by Rachyl Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 pm

» Join The Thing Revival Game!
by Rachyl Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am

» CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS CALLING ALL THING PLAYERS
by Rachyl Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 am

» RETURNING PLAYERBASE COME TO THING DISCORD
by Rachyl Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:18 am

» Project Showcase?
by Rachyl Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 am

» ERROR MESSAGE
by Rachyl Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:08 am

4 posters

I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Forum Points (FP) : 82
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts? Empty I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Post by Solidifire Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 pm

I really, truly, and honestly believe flamethrower is balanced. It is the only thing that keeps marines in the game when there are less than 5, usually some dumbass has wasted the fuel shooting marines. I have played a ton of games, and the thing can deal with it. The trick is to take a hit from flame and run, slowly draining fuel. With the things movement speed the flamethrower can never catch it. And with less than 5 marines, it is the only thing that can dps a thing fast enough to give marines a chance to kill it before it runs.

OK, so how I 1v1 thing was a little trick I have never seen anyone do before but have been wanting to try. It was a shit host who started with 5 people. Thing killed 3 of them, it was just me and thing. I found the flamethrower with full fuel, and went to a large room. I set flamethrower next to me on the ground. When i saw thing coming I stimmed then picked up the flamethrower. With stim (and the fact that it wasnt instantly on top of me cuz it had to walk towards me in the big room) I dps the thing faster than it could kill me (I didn't move or kite, just held my ground and burninated it).

I think if the thing was smarter it could have backed out when it was on half health and healed. BUT it didnt. and stim + flame + a bit of distance between you and thing = you can beat thing 1v1. What do you guys think?
    Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts? Empty Re: I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Post by Solidifire Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:32 pm

OH and shhhhhhhhhhh keep this a secret Very Happy, dont want pubbies knowing about this if i am thing.
    Spectre
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 23

I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts? Empty Re: I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Post by Spectre Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 am

Good idea. Usually I drop the flame/stim/pick up but this seems like a better idea. Nice job dude
    Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Solidifire Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am

But what do you think about the balance of that?
    Maxime
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 39

Post by Maxime Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 am

I see it more like an exploit than a trick. Vic should fix this
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222

Post by EternalToss Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:16 am

my friend did it no big deal tbh but flame is a bit opd at max fuel it should bring hp down to just short of the things full hp and then auto-drop when the fuel is empty
    Spectre
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 23

Post by Spectre Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 am

Solidifire wrote:But what do you think about the balance of that?

Balance is fine. The thing can easily get away even with a stim + flamethrower. We don't need to nerf it for the noobs.
    EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222

Post by EternalToss Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:06 am

when a marine stims hes faster than the thing and he also gets a faster shoot speed... so it could be possible to kill him
    Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Solidifire Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Well try it sometime, see if you can kill a running thing with stim and flamethrower. If that is also possible (and the thing had full life at start of battle) this may need a nurf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:36 am